When I entered the classroom as a history teacher, the personal computer did not exist. I had no reason to believe that education would, or should change in any substantial way over the next 30 years. Nearly forty years later, there is one fundamental necessity that I believe is central to all of our efforts in preparing our children for their future.
We must all become skilled, resourceful and habitual learners.
Here are some administrator blogs whom I recommend:
- Chris Lehmann, Practical Theory – http://practicaltheory.org/serendipity/
- Scott McLeod, Dangerously Irrelevant – http://dangerouslyirrelevant.org
- George Couros, The Principal of Change – http://georgecouros.ca/blog/
- David Jakes, Strength of Weak Ties – http://strengthofweakties.org
- Doug Johnson, Blue Skunk Blog – http://doug-johnson.squarespace.com
- Diane Ravitch, Diane Ravitch – http://dianeravitch.net