I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about this event, when first approached about it by Patrick. But when I read through your vision document, I knew that this project and it’s driving document was something that I wanted to be a part of – and that it comes from Texas might surprise some people. Not Me!
I will be talking about a number of topics during the day, but they will all be wrapped around a three legged stool that I hope may hold your weight. It is a three bullet list of converging conditions that are forcing us to rethink education for the first time in decades – and even what it means to be educated. It is a perfect storm that is providing us with some pointers on where to go with regard to pedagogy and even the nature of literacy.
Today, we are…
- Preparing a new generation of learners
- Within a new information environment
- For a future that we can not clearly describe.
Here are some links to online resources related to the topics I will be exposing you to during the day.
- Harnessing the Perfect Storm - http://goo.gl/ZKFfa
- New Literacy – http://goo.gl/HqWnj
- Infographics & Data Visualization – http://goo.gl/a1Qwt
- New Professional Learning – http://goo.gl/03U1A
- New Pedagogy – http://goo.gl/agyqQ
- Backchannel Chat – http://goo.gl/IpzX6
So sorry for the delay on getting the rest of these links up